Bizarre Files: Marina Alex DQ’d For Stepping “Three Feet” Outside LPGA Scoring Tent

You’ve got to feel for LPGA player Marina Alex who got unceremoniously dumped out of her very first LPGA event as a full member, when she inadvertently stepped "about three feet" outside the scoring tent without signing her card.

marinaOrganizers of the Pure Silk Bahamas Classic steadfastly insisted that Alex had technically left the scoring area without signing her card.  The 23 year old told the Golf Channel

“It was really bizarre. I took one step outside scoring, about 3 feet, but it is what it is.

I was upset, but I was more mad at myself. I knew I wasn’t focused in scoring the way I should have been, and I paid a price for it.”

 

Alex then described the bizarre circumstances that led to her disqualification.

“I was going through what I normally do, checking my scores hole by hole, but I didn’t have a great day on the course, and I was a little distracted,” she said.

“My hip was bothering me, and I was thinking I need to get over to see the trainer. I knew I signed Laura’s scorecard, but I didn’t realize I did not sign mine.

“I handed my card over to scoring, asked if everything was OK. I was told, ‘Yes, everything looks good,' and I stepped outside the tent to my bag. As I was stepping away, I was told, ‘Wait a minute, you didn’t sign your scorecard.’”

LPGA rules official Brad Alexander was then brought in to make the ruling.

“I’m really sorry,” Alex said. “I’m not going to fight anything. It was a mistake, and I will never do it again.”

 

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.