Ryder Cup: GMac, Henrik And Poults Recreate Gleneagles Course In Orlando

GMac writes a regular column for the BBC and in the latest installment gives some valuable insight into the current state of his relationship with Rory McIlroy and hints strongly that will renew their partnership.

I will also be delighted if I resume my partnership with Rory McIlroy at Gleneagles and just cannot wait for the unique feeling all 12 of us will have when we meet up in the team room on Monday evening. Myself and the other 10 guys would all love to be paired with the world's number one player. There would be a queue out of the door of players wanting to partner Rory and, absolutely, I would be among them.

I have to think that GMac didn't write the next line, because I just don't think he would bring it up like this, but I'm sure his sentiments are reflected in the rest of the paragraph.

Yes, it has been a rough time over the last couple of years on the business side of things for both me and Rory because he has been involved in a lawsuit with my management company.
And it certainly has put a stress on our relationship, but we have put those things behind us this year. If anything, our friendship has been strengthened by what we have experienced.
We have talked about it and we would certainly love to renew our partnership again.

Best bit though is this great insight into how preparations are going in Lake Nona, where GMac has been mixing nappy changing with practicing.

I also knew I would have company back in Lake Nona with my team-mates Ian Poulter and Henrik Stenson. We created a Ryder Cup practice area at the back of the range, getting out our Centenary Course yardage books and recreating the shots we will need.
As expected, Poulter is already running through brick walls with his enthusiasm and that kind of attitude is infectious. None of us feel like we have been out of the loop even though we have been thousands of miles from Scotland.

The hair on the back of my neck is standing already!

Join the GolfCentralDaily community on Twitter for loads more comment on and off the course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.