The Amazing Life Of Erik Compton In Pictures

After coming tied second at the US Open Erik Compton described himself as "not just a guy with two heart transplants."

Compton won over three quarters of a million dollars and booked himself a place in both the 2015 Masters and US Open field after toughing it out down the stretch to tie with Rickie Fowler behind Martin Kaymer.

"The crowd was so great," Compton said. "On every hole, from the tee box to the putting green, people were cheering for me and
I definitely felt the love and the support from the crowd. Seemed like people really got around my story. And for me to be here and to do this at such a high level is just as good of a feeling as winning a golf tournament. So it's just a great feeling and I can't wait to get back into another major."


"So when you have disabilities or you have health issues, some days are really bad and then you got to try to make the best of it the next day and wake up and move your body. And I'm a perfect example of that. I've been on my back twice and I never thought I would ever leave the house. Now I just finished second at the U.S. Open, which is -- I don't think anybody would have ever thought I would do that, not even myself. So you can't ever write yourself off, you just can't give up.
Recovering from his first heart transplant, Erik suffered the ongoing pain of the effect of steroids.

Erik discovered golf and quickly progressed through the ranks. 



In 2008 came the news that Erik needed a second transplant. He was ready for the fight.


He had the unwavering support of his wife Barbara.


Fast forward to the 2014 US Open


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.