"I Need More Reps" Says Tiger Who Then Says He's Not Going To Play Again

I wonder is Tiger Woods pulling everyone's leg on purpose. Trying to get the media back for uncovering all the bad stuff a few years ago maybe?  Because these days, he says one thing, then does the exact opposite.

First was the recovery from the back surgery.  Not playing for the 'foreseeable future', turned out to pretty darn well foreseeable as he showed up to play in his own tournament at Congressional.

Then saying "I need more reps" all week whilst not entering in the Greenbrier, the Scottish Open  or ANY tournament before The Open Championship.  Does he mean "more reps" on the golf course in tournament play or "more reps" in the gym.  I'm beginning to think the latter.

Follow @golfcentraldoc on twitter

Everyone knows Woods' target nowadays focuses solely on Majors.  It seems impossible to imagine any player, even Tiger, genuinely contending at Hoylake without having played more than two "practice" tournament rounds four weeks before. And even more impossible following an operation at the end of March.

Then again, Tiger eats "impossible" for breakfast.

"A lot of positives to take away from these last two days," said Woods.  "Even though I missed the cut by four shots; the fact that I was able to even play was encouraging. I came back four weeks earlier than we thought I could. I had no setbacks. I got my feel for playing tournament golf. I made a ton of little, simple little mistakes, misjudging things and missing the ball on the wrong sides and just didn't get up-and-down on little simple shots. Those are the little things I can correct, which is nice."
Ah now I understand what "more reps" means. He means playing Hoylake on the Playstation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.