Phil Mickelson To Face Late Fitness Test Wednesday In Phoenix

phil back funnyWith Tiger and Rory in the field in Dubai, organizers of the Phoenix Open are sweating over the fitness of defending champion Phil Mickelson.

Mickelson withdrew mid tournament from the Farmers Open after suffering a recurring back pain and since then has announced he will not now play in the Phoenix Open Pro-Am event this Wednesday. Mickelson is undergoing intensive treatment to try to be fit in time  and will instead face a practice session on Wednesday after which a decision on whether to play will be made.

"If it was any other tournament, I'd skip it," Mickelson said, "but I'm defending, Phoenix is my second hometown and I love the event. I'll have a light practice session and if it goes well I may try to play."

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.