Simon Holmes And Mark Roe Drag Sky Sports Golf Coverage To New Low With Smug Arguing

It's not often I get angry on my blog and rant, so please forgive me this once.

First and foremost let me say that I'm a Sky Sports fan.  I pay my Sky subscription every month and consider it excellent value for money.  I'm also a fan of Sarah, Denis, Rob, Gary (when he goes over) and the golf team, for the most part.

Which is why I have to stand up for the ordinary decent Sky subscriber here when I say the display of analysis this evening during the second round of the Quicken Loans National from Simon Holmes and Mark Roe was scraping the very bottom of the barrel marked 'waste'.

Do the men realize there are people out there watching them?  Instead of an insight, we got handbags all evening over Tiger Woods.  There was a palpable undercurrent of smugness, backbiting, oneupmanship, ill feeling and genuine niggle between the two.  All that was missing was Eddie Hearn trying to sell tickets to the argument.

Sarah Stirk seemed not just uncomfortable, but thoroughly pissed off with the two.

You guys need to up your game, this is just not good enough.

To top things off Mark Rowe said "We're having a bit of fun in here tonight." I'm glad you are Mark, because I sure as hell am not.

If I wan't to watch base level argument I'll tune to Leaders Questions from The Commons.

Mark Rowe and Simon Holmes your job is to analyze golf and put it across in a way the viewer will enjoy.  Why not do your pushing around in the smoking area out the back tomorrow before coverage starts and when you get into work try to do a little better for the subscribers.

End of rant.

Follow @golfcentraldoc on twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.