The Sleepy John Parry Rolex Story

Thanks to reader David Voller, brother of German soccer legend Rudi for alerting me to the on the European Challenge Tour. Much is made of the fact that Parry only woke up 45 minutes before his tee time.  Jeez, I’ve gone to bed, drunk, five minutes before my tee time and still made it on time! But love the quotes from Paz!

rolexParry said: “As soon as I hit it, I shouted “Rolex” because I knew it was good â€" although I didn’t know how good. It’s just as well it went in, or I might have ended up looking a bit stupid! A few of the lads were speaking at the start of the week about how good it’d be to win a Rolex, because you don’t often get prizes for a hole in one on the Challenge Tour. So to get the first hole in one of my pro career and win a Rolex is pretty amazing. My caddie asked me if he could have it â€" I said there was absolutely no chance.
“I’ve had a look at them in the shops a couple of times, but they’ve been out of my price range, and I’m glad I didn’t spend all that money on one now. I don’t get it until the prize-giving ceremony on Saturday night, so I’ll have to change my flights because I was due to fly back in the afternoon. But it’s a small price to pay for a Rolex, because I can’t imagine my new flights will cost as much as the watch. Although I’ve now got to buy my playing partners a round of drinks, and that won’t be cheap in Switzerland! ”

Straight to the Pawn Shop I suggest JP!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.