Higgs On Tour: David Higgins Tour Diary Part 8 - A Whisker Away From A Win!

(Updated 1.05pm; I just got a call inviting me to the Dunhill Links this week!)

higgs thumb_thumb[1]_thumbHi Everybody, David here. What a week that was in Italy getting my best result all season, tied second.

At the end of the final round I really thought I had holed my putt on 18 to get into a play-off. Looking at it on your TV screens, it’s almost impossible to see how difficult that chip that Julien Quesne holed on 17 to get it to 11 under. Fair play to him to follow it up with another one on 18 to pip me.

Overall, l have to be happy with the week. I hit some really great shots under pressure . This will stand to me the next time I get in the mix on Sunday evening. It is a totally different feeling hitting shots under that pressure and I was very proud of the way I stood up to it. I can't wait to get there and feel that intensity again.

Initially I thought I was not in the Dunhill Links field this week . But then I got a call from the organizers Monday morning to say I’m in! Now I have a great chance to keep the momentum going on the links courses that I love.  The top 10 in Italy means I also get a spot in the Portugal Masters.

gary john marshal[6]Last Sunday’s prize money jumped me up to 111th in the Race To Dubai; the top 110 retain their cards! So now I have The Dunhill Links, Portugal and the Perth International in Australia left to play and I probably need to earn €30/40 k to keep a card. It’s a great test ahead but I’m looking forward to the challenge.

When you think that going into the Italian Open, it looked for all the world like I was heading back to stage two of Tour School; now, even if I don't make another penny, I'm straight into the finals with a guaranteed 14 or 15 events next year.. After my result last Sunday though, I have seen what is possible to achieve and will be full of confidence going in to my last couple of events.

Remember my tuba playing ex-caddie Gary John Marshall I told you about before? Well the dream team is back! Gary has been on my bag for the last four events; we’ve made four straight cuts and won €160,000; he has been great.

Pity Mayo didn’t win the All Ireland. We'll have to listen to the Dubs harping on for the year!

Wish me luck!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.