Adam Scott Talks Like He’s Ready To Join Nicklaus, Faldo and Woods

There have been only three players that have defended at Augusta and following as serene a first as was possible given the set up, Adam Scott is one quarter of the way to joining Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo and Tiger Woods. 
And he’s talking like  a man who is destined for greatness.
"Getting off to a good start in major is huge, because I think they are the hardest tournaments to kind of chase," Scott said. "You almost have to play flawless. So to get off to a good start is key."
"It's been mentioned and it gets mentioned to every guy who is coming back to defend, I'm sure. "An amazing group of guys, great champions. But it's so much golf to play yet, I can't even think about it."
Scott told Sky Sports that he actually felt the pressure was off him having already the tournament last year and felt more of a sense of calm in round one.
“There’s no doubt winning the Masters last year had me a little more comfortable on the first tee than I’ve ever been in the past. Because I didn’t have the legs shaking and nerves jangling for six or seven holes like usual.”
“It’s hard to calm down after you get going.  Even if you get off to a good start, it’s hard to calm down, let alone a bad start. But having won last year I think in some ways has taken a little pressure off me as I teed up today. I kind of felt like, ‘What’s the worst that can happen? I’m still going to be a Masters champion.’ ”
The only blot on the Aussies copybook was a double on the short 12th when he found the creek with his tee shot.
"It's just that back right pin spot," he said. "It was so little wind, it was probably a problem today, rather than when it's blowing all kinds of directions. I just lost a little focus on that shot and didn't commit fully it and you paid a price on that one. Like I said, the only weak shot I hit, and it's actually the first time I think I've ever hit it in that creek."
Stand by for what could be one of the greatest defences in modern golfing history.



Technorati Tags: ,



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.