2014 US Masters Betting Tips. Tour Pros and Expert Picks

betting logo picAs I do at this time every year, I contacted some of my golfing friends on the Tour and in the media to find out their tips for The Masters.

 These are the guys that work in and around golf every day so if anyone can give an insight, they can!

Make sure also to check my own 2014 US Masters Betting Preview Tips and Predictions here.

Half the fun is in the build up.  Thanks lads!



Andrew Lynch
Hambric Sports- Thorbjorn Olesen’s Manager
andrew lynch

If you look at all the winners, and even those that contended at Augusta for the last 10-15 years, the modern Augusta is set up for bombers. Not that a Molinari or Zach Johnson can't win, it's just the odds are against them. So, considering this, I find it very difficult to look past Dustin Johnson, Keegan Bradley, Rory McIlroy and Jordan Spieth. Jason Day has some injury doubts and I'm not sure Adam Scott will successfully defend but time will tell. Outside bets for each way, maybe Jamie Donaldson or Gary Woodland.
Richard Bland
European Tour Pro and Challenge Tour Grand Final winner.
bland002 (Read-Only)

Hi mate!! I'd have to go with Rory & Adam!! Both playing the best out of anyone about now!! An outside bet Kuchar or Spieth.
Shane O’Donoghue
Golf Broadcaster, Living Golf CNN
shane



Zach Johnson each way. I’m not a huge fan, but boy can he play golf. Is much better than when he won in 2007. Brilliant short game. Tough.
Tadhg Harrington
Titleist Performance Institute and Padraig’s brother.
tadhg

Three to win only (Betfair) or place terms 1-6 (Paddy Power) for the 2014 Masters. All three have good current form, all have thrown in a bad round here and there this year which is still fine. Having played Augusta, it is a very quirky course, course form is paramount for me, all three selections have excellent course form including previous low rounds which tells me they CAN win here. 1/ Dustin Johnson 2/ Matt Kuchar 3/ Justin Rose
Gary Murphy
Former European Tour Pro, now golf analyst.
gary murphy ben crane look[4]

Rory is my tip Doc think he is shaping up nicely and should go well. Big dangers Dustin and Stenson.
Tony Johnstone
Six time European Tour Winner and Sky Sports Analyst
tony
Donal I think its Jason Day's time. Watched him closely at the Presidents Cup. Superb striker and really good on fast greens. For now Aussies rule!
David Keating
Head Professional, Killarney Golf Club
keating
Would you believe that I am going to my first Masters!! Pity that Tiger is out but Keegan Bradley is my pick. He is long and straight off the tee, an excellent long iron player and is now a top class wedge player. If he putts well I feel that he will do it.
I have a ticket for Tuesday to Sunday inclusive, it's like winning the lotto!!
Kevin Phelan
European Tour Professional, Deise Man
Kevin-Phelan-2011_2954369

Rory seems to be in great form these days as does Dustin Johnson. Both are well able to reach the par 5's and are tough to stop when they get going. Seems to be only a matter of time before Jason Day wins a major and I'll go for Manassero as a bit of a dark horse.
Mark Murphy
Tour Pro and Big Break Winner
murph

Hey my brother, I have a few picks I fancy Sergio has found some form recently, Justin Rose also golf course I feel suits him. My outsider is Steven Gallagher as he has balls and is afraid of nothing.
David Higgins
European Tour Pro, Waterville
higgs

I like Bubba Watson to win. Showed nice form a couple of weeks ago and I believe he can't wait to get to Augusta...
Pat Reed to place.
Denis Pugh
Tour Coach and Sky Sports Analyst
pugh hefner

Easy. Francesco Molinari because I coach him!
Mikko Ilonen
Three time European Tour Winner
1999 West of Ireland, 2000 British Amateur Champion
mikko


Hi Doc!
The West. Good memories from there!
I wouldn’t call myself an expert, but I can give my best guess.. Rory, if you pick him every week he will deliver at some point. Jason Day, good record and confidence high after the win. Freddie Couples, great record, still winning in seniors and Augusta must be his favourite week. I don’t think he can win but with a good week could top10. Adam Scott played some his best a few weeks ago and knows exactly what he needs to do there. His game in good shape. Phil Mickelson because the course suites lefties pretty good, many tee shots are easier for left handers. He still wants it badly and I hope he does well, it would be good for the tourney. Hard to pick any other European besides Rory, no one has shown any form lately. But fingers crossed for the Euros. Some might surprise us!


And finally, my own tips video.  Best of luck with your favourites!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.