Lindsey Vonn Talks About Divorce, Depression and Tiger Woods

Talking to Self, Lindsey Vonn gave some insights into her life, injury, mental health and shacking up with Tiger Woods.

vonnVonn spoke about her divorce

"Getting divorced (last January, from her former coach, Thomas Vonn) was the scariest thing I've ever done," she told the mag. "I'd been dating him since I was 18, and I realized I wasn't happy anymore."

Despite her setback in love, Vonn was able to discover a strength in herself she didn't know she had.

"I wasn't sure if I was strong enough to be on my own, but I found out I am," she continued. "Now I'm in charge of my whole life. It's terrifying - and exciting. It gave me a lot more self-confidence and a greater sense of self-worth."

And a financially greater sense of self worth with Tiger.

"He's helped me stay patient through rehab," she described of Woods' support. "Golf is all about patience -- one tournament is four days long, 18 holes a day. He helped me take it one day at a time."

"We're good for each other," Vonn boasted. "I don't know what he's learned from me, to be honest. But we push each other and help each other when we're down."

Vonn also revealed details about her depression.

Vonn is no stranger to feeling down as she's struggled with depression for years, which she now controls with medication.

"I have sad days, but they're rare and the lows aren't as low," she confessed. "(This past year), I've been the happiest I've ever been."

And it looks like if injury does lead to retirement, Lindsey may find a new career battling Tiger.

"We're pretty competitive in everything we do: tennis, Ping-Pong, who wakes up earlier," she described. "I lose more than I win, but I try! He always beats me walking to the car."

That hobble-fest really needs to be televised.

 

Technorati Tags: ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.