Lee Westwood Finally Grows Sick Of Sean Foley’s Manbag

Lee Westwood has split with swing coach Sean Foley after seven months.  Was it because Foley wanted to make him more orthodox or was it that he didn’t afford him enough time?  Foley also coaches Tiger Woods, Hunter Mahan and Justin Rose.

lee westwood title fight[4]Foley’s coaching methods focus less on the swing and more on the numbers.  I wrote and posted a video a few weeks ago about how he coaches with Trackman.

Foley explains the complexity of the numbers he’s relying on from TrackMan almost more so now than videos of his student’s swings.

Interpreting the numbers and their relationship with the golf swing has allowed him to reintroduce the element of “feel” to lessons rather than relying on mechanics.

Westwood on the other hand wanted to work on swing positions.

"I just wanted to work on swing positions and stuff like that a bit more. I didn't feel like Sean coached like that, so it didn't really fit what I wanted to do."

"I felt like I had the game that got me to world number one. And I was working on stuff that I didn't work on back then, so it made sense to go back to what I was working on before."

So why in the name of all things sacred did you change coaches in the first place?

"I just wanted something else, a new way of teaching," Westwood said. "I did enjoy working with him."

Bet Pete Cowan gets the call up!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.