Will GMac Leaving Horizon's Begin Healing The "Strained Relationship" With Rory McIlroy?

I know GMac will have other things on his mind today with the birth of his child but the news from his camp is that he is to leave Horizon Sports Management at the end of the year and manage his own business affairs going forward.

The move may allowed for a softening of the position McDowell almost unwittingly found himself him in the court battle between Horizon and Rory McIlroy and the "strained relationship" which has existed since.

GMac said in a statement to the BBC

When I joined Horizon in November 2007, I was ranked outside the top 100 players in the world. I was seeking a new and energetic management team to help me achieve my career ambitions on and off the course.
These ambitions have not only been achieved, but have surpassed my highest expectations.
During my time with Horizon I have become a Major Champion, played in three successive Ryder Cups and won multiple tournaments around the world.
In parallel with this, Horizon has helped me to establish a portfolio of global sponsors and corporate partners, with whom I will remain engaged into the future.
I am at a stage in my life where it feels right to move on to the next phase of my career - both in golf and business.
I'm now involved with a growing number of exciting business ventures, many of which Horizon helped me establish, and as the landscape evolves so must I.
I would particularly like to thank Conor Ridge and the whole Horizon team for their vision, advice and commitment to my golf career and business affairs over the past seven years.

Join the GolfCentralDaily community on Twitter for loads more comment on and off the course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.