Bubba Watson Again Apologizes For Acting Like A Spoilt Brat At Valhalla. Says He'll Man Up.

Bubba Watson used his Barclay's press conference yesterday like another chance to plead to plead to the jury for leniency in the case of "Bubba Watson versus Common Decency at the PGA Championship."

The crime was not competing in the Long Drive Contest then treating demeaning caddie Ted Scott in the rain on live TV.

Scott has since got two new cars from Bubba by way of a bonus he also can take a lot from this apology given to Steve deMeglio.

"If you look at the bigger picture, not competing in the Long Drive Contest was the first mistake,"Bubba said. "When you look at just me as an individual, that was the selfish part, because I didn't agree with it but there's a lot of things that I don't agree with that I do.
"Then you look at it from my attitude on the golf course. Because I want something so bad, that's not the reason to do that. You still just bite your tongue and compete at a high level, don't show emotion, and I take it overboard because I want something so bad. I want to be
considered a great player. I want to win golf tournaments and I've got to learn on that.
" … And then my language was not good. That's a different topic, and childish again. It's all childish stuff and I'm trying to mature and become a better man. I take it on the chin. It was my fault. Everything's my fault and I should be bigger and stronger and better than that."

One thing Bubba cannot be faulted for is his genorosity.  As well as the cars, he revealed he gave his umbrella away to a fan at Valhalla.

"I've got to get a new umbrella this week because it started raining right when we putted out and I was walking across the bridge, and a guy goes, 'Bubba, can I have your umbrella?" Watson said. "So I just gave it to him. I was like, I'm done. You need it more than I do. You've got to go follow the leaders, so I gave my umbrella away.
"I don't know who it was. It was some fan. Or maybe it was just a guy that needed an umbrella. He could have been a writer, too, I guess. He didn't want me to sign it. He just wanted an umbrella."

Join the GolfCentralDaily community on Twitter for loads more comment on and off the course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.