Michelle Wie On Gambling, Poker and Natalie Gulbis Acting Like A Bitch

Michelle Wie writes a great interview piece on GolfDigest in which she reveals an endearing side not often seen on the golf course. 

wieOne of the most interesting stories was Wie’s money making activities as a youngster.

I'm not the type who will spend $7,000 on a handbag. When I was young, I got a plain mailing envelope from my dad. Any money that came inâ€"allowance, birthday money, everythingâ€"went into that envelope. I kept a ledger of everything that went in and out. My goal was to save enough money so I could buy a car by the time I got my driver's license, and I did it. I still have that envelope.

Some of the money in that envelope came from golf gambling when I was an amateur. I was ruthless on the old guys who thought they could beat me. I also made money playing poker. When I was 12, my dad invited me to sit in with him and his buddies at their regular poker game. I caught on fast and did well. But as I got older, I lost my poker face. Once that's gone, there's no getting it back. So I quit.

Wie also tells of a run in with Natalie Gulbis when the American did a pretty good bitch impression. 

IT'S MY FIRST Kraft Nabisco. I'm 13, playing with Natalie Gulbis. On the fifth hole, I put a new ball into play. On the sixth fairway, I told Natalie I'd changed balls. She stops and gives me a look of shock. "You can't do that out here," she says. "That's a two-stroke penalty. You need to go back to the tee." I was speechless, on the verge of tears. Just as I turned to start walking back to the tee, Natalie said, "Just kidding."

Natalie has the body on the LPGA Tour we'd all like to have.

Amen to that!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.