Player’s Leader Robert Castro Also Reviews Cars

This is great.  Players first round leader Robert Castro is also a writer.  He contributes to a website www.allthingsthataregood.com.

Here’s the start of Castro’s latest review for the Mercedes SL550 which he got as a courtesy car at the Phoenix Open.  There’s also a link to open the full review.

Courtesy Car Corner â€" Mercedes-Benz SL550

mercedesI know, I know, you’re thinking “What the hell, they’re giving out $100,000 sports cars as courtesy cars now?!?!?” Well, yes and no. As I arrived at Phoenix Sky Harbor to get my car, they handed me the keys to an SUV, fine by me. But, being more of a car guy, traveling solo for the week, and knowing that most other players prefer the SUV’s, I asked the lady in charge if I could have one of the E-classes sitting on the lot. I figured that’s a good ride, and something new to review. She said, “Sure, but if you want I have 2 roadsters also, and it looks like you only have one piece of luggage. It’s that one over there…”

Me: “Excuse me…that one? Are you kidding me right now?”

So thanks in part to good fortune, but mostly to Rusty, my caddie, for lugging my clubs from San Diego to Phoenix, I ended up in a 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL550 for the week. This baby right here….

LOOKS:

RobertoCastroAesthetics are always a personal thing, but I think it’s hard to find fault with a SINGLE line on this car. It has an imposing stance with the aggressive grille and oversized Mercedes Star, but still proportional to the elongated hood. The hood has air intakes on the top near the windshield which are visible to the driver, constantly reminding him that he’s sitting roughly three feet behind a raging powerplant of an engine. The fenders and doors sweep back beautifully towards the neatly designed rear of the car. The tail has modest teardrop taillights, but it’s most defining feature is what it doesn’t have: a bulging rear decklid when the top is down. The top folds so neatly into the trunk that Mercedes completely avoids the awkward rear-end that frequently accompanies convertibles. Overall, the car is beautiful, has a serious Wow Factor in the valet circle, all without being overstyled or blingy. That’s vintage Mercedes. SCORE: 5

Read the full review here

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.