Getting To Know: Peter O’Keefe, European Challenge Tour

Name: Peter O’Keefe

Age: 31

Nationality: Irish

Home Club: Douglas Golf Club

Attachment: Muskerry Golf Club

Turned Pro: 2008 from Southeastern Louisiana University, +3 handicap

Tour: European Challenge Tour

 

What’s In Peter’s Bag

Driver: TaylorMade (TM) R1 Tour 8 deg, with a Miyazaki 56X shaft.

Irons (3-PW): TM Forged MB blades with NS modus x flex shafts.

Wedges: Cleveland CG15 54 and 58 deg wedges

Putter: TM Ghost Spider 41"

3 Wood: TM RBZ stage 2 with Project X 6.5 shaft.

Hybrid: TM RBZ stage 2 Rescue 16.5 deg with project X 6.0 shaft

Getting To Know Peter

What would you say are your greatest achievements in golf to date?

As an amateur my biggest win was the Road Runner Classic at the University of San KeeganBradleySt.JohnsAthleticsAntonio. I beat Keegan Bradley in a playoff! I’m now progressing through the Tour ranks on the European Challenge Tour, I’ve played in the Irish Open in 2008 and my aim is to earn my main European Tour card this year.

 

What’s on your ipod when practicing?

Roy OrbisonThere’s quite a mix so brace yourself! Daft Punk, David Grey, The BeeGees, Roy Orbison, Cat Stevens and our own Christy Hennessy.

Who’s your favourite golfer?

I only watch golf when Tiger Woods is in the field. When he’s not there, it’s not the same.

You touring Pros watch a lot of TV and films. Give us some good ones.

Breaking-Bad-Season-5scentMy favourite films are Snatch and Scent of a Woman. There are so many good TV shows but only a handful of great ones. I’d count The West Wing, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos among the greats.

What’s your ambition in golf?

Right now, to open my wallet and see my European Tour card fall out.

What about your love life?

Love life? What’s that?

Do you watch other sports?

paul o connellYes, I’m a huge rugby fan. Looking forward to watching the Lions in Australia. They are shy a few Irish players but I’m delighted for Paul O’Connell, I’m a big fan. Fingers crossed the players will gel and get a series win. I think The Lions as a concept need a victory.

What is needed to make the step from Challenge to European Tour?

Having played on both, I feel the differences are consistency, having better misses and the ability to remain cool in the face of adversity. I’m working on all three and can’t wait to feel the atmosphere of the big stage again.

Your training videos are going viral on social media. Tell us about them.

dennehy trainingSince I started training with Luke Dennehy in Cork, I’ve gone from a 19 stone galloot to a physically strong 17 stone man. My swing specific program includes plyometrics, functional strength training, cardio, circuit training and then some! That video where I set a PB lifting 225 Kg’s is popular alright. I was seeing stars after that!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.