Higgs On Tour. David Higgins Tour Diary Part 9. Oh So Close

david higgins old_thumb[3]I’m sitting here in the players lounge in Perth and needless to say I’m very disappointed. Just looking around me right now there’s lots of guys floating around having a few beers and  celebrating having retained their cards. Yes, this could have been me, but its not. And that’s where we are.....

I’m so looking forward to getting home to see my lovely wife and to just chill out for a couple of days.

I tried to continue to play relaxed but to be honest I just couldn’t find it. With the pressure of being so close to that 110th spot, I felt uptight for the last three events. It didn’t really effect my longer shots but I really did putt poorly. And that’s normally one of the strongest parts of my game.

The upshot is another trip to Tour School in Girona.  It’s a place where nobody would ever want to go unless they didnt have to be there....

But sitting here and looking back over the past 12 months, it has been very exciting to be back on tour.  I felt my game was good enough to get out and compete but found myself questioning my ability after a run of poor events.  For a while there it looked like a return to Stage Two of Qualifying was on the cards and I was not sure if I was going to be able to get myself up for that again.

Then I arrived in Italy playing well and the course was perfect for me. I played relaxed, carefree golf as if I had nothing to lose I guess and was swinging freely.  That tied second changed everything.  I was delighted and in with a real chance of retaining my card.

Tension or pressure, call it what you will, but I seemed to be moving and coming out of a lot of putts. It’s easy to tell yourself not to do this but when you are under the gun, its hard to halt these feelings and get yourself to stay down and hit good, solid, aggressive putts.

I’m heading home later and it’s going to be a long trip! I will recharge the batteries and be ready to go for Girona. I am hitting the ball from tee to green as well as I ever have in my career. I just need to control my mind a bit better and tour school will go fine.

I might get the wellies on tomorrow; the garden has been badly neglected over the last couple of months!

Thanks to everyone for your support all year, it’s been great. 

David.

And thanks to Robbie for his letter to Uri Geller. And to Uri!

Technorati Tags: ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.