Higgs Tour Diary: David Higgins Tour Diary Part 6

higgs thumbHi everybody, David here. We are getting into the meat of the European Tour season and it’s great to be in the thick of it.

I’m just back from the Nordea Masters and before that played the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth. I always love playing Wentworth and have great memories from playing there down through the years but unfortunately I could not replicate my top 10 from 2012 this time around. I just didn't hit the ball very well and on a tough track like Wentworth you simply cannot get away with hitting poor shots. But it’s a great event and one I look forward to going back to.

My driving is really great at the moment and I’m hitting a lot of fairways. Unfortunately I am not as sharp as I'd like to be from the fairway in, I’m just not hitting it close enough. I need to stay "in" my shots more and be aggressive on them. When I achieve this my scores will come down and results will improve.

My passport is really filling up with stamps. Of all the far flung places I’ve visited so far this year, I've enjoyed Africa the most. I gothiggs diary1 to spend time with my good friend Attie down there and the few weeks had a homely feel to them. Although playing on the tour sounds glamorous, living out of a suitcase and staying in hotel rooms gets boring.

Pic: At home  with the dogs yesterday!

There’s a really busy stretch ahead but I'm going for it all guns blazing. I’m off to Austria this week, then on to St Omer, the BMW in Germany, the Irish Open, British Open qualifying and the Scottish Open. Phew, I’m nearly exasperated just writing all those places! After all that, I get two weeks off.

open-logoAlthough things haven't been going my way of late, they can change very quickly in this game. You have to keep working hard and when it's your turn you have to be ready to take advantage. I am really looking forward to Carton House and the Scottish Open. Although the Monty Course at Carton is not a links course it plays really linksy. This is the type of golf that I grew up playing and I will be very comfortable at both of these events.

mcgraneThere are lots of great people and friends on the European Tour. Tee times tend to dictate who you hang around with. If you’re out early you have to eat early and vice versa. I’ve had the pleasure of a few dinners with Damian McGrane recently, I know Damian for many years and he's always good for a few laughs.

The US Open should be a cracker. I didn’t try to qualify for it because the St Omer is on the same week. This is an event that I believe I can win and therefore decided to focus on doing that. I think Tiger is back, Memorial wobble excepted, and will be the man at Merion. In fact he could be very hard to beat in any major this year.

bullet_to_the_head_bannerI’m getting great feedback on my movie and music recommendations so here are two really good ones. The first is “Kill the Irishman” and the second “Bullet to the Head” with Sly Stallone. You can't beat a bit of Rocky Balboa!

macklemoreOn my ipod I’m upping the beats as we come into the summer. Macklemore is getting the most air time on the range. Let’s hope this music helps me find my rhythm on the golf course and next time I write I'll have some good performances to report!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.