GMac US Open Press Conference. Quotes On His Chances

Graeme McDowell has been my pick for this year’s US Open from a long time back, but now that the rains have come, does he still think he has a chance?  His US Open win came at a rock hard Pebble Beach and he did well at concrete Olympic Club last season.  Here’s what he had to say on the matter.

"I don't think it's going to be a low-scoring US Open. I hope it's not going to be a low-scoring US Open.

Everyone is saying that it's going to be 62s and 63s on this golf course, which I kind of disagree with at the minute. I think they're underestimating it.

I think there's 10 or 11 holes on this course that are as tough as any US Open I've seen. The last five holes, I can't think of a tougher finish at a US Open.

A firmer, faster US Open is going to suit a guy like me, who is not the longest off the tee.  At Congressional I liked the way it was set up initially and then by the time the rains came down and Rory split the fairway 14 times out of 14, 330 down the middle and decimated the place, it was never going to really be my kind of US Open.

I guess you've got to roll with the punches. You have to take what you get. Someone is going to pick up the trophy. You've got to get the attitude right.  My US Open experiences have certainly been great but you can't really expect anything.

I've won a US Open and was runner-up last year, but I know it doesn't mean anything. I'm the same as the other 149 guys here this week. I've got to go out and execute my game plan, trying to hang tough when it gets tough out there, which is inevitable."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.