O’Grady Launches Bold Attempt To Bring McIlroy Back To European Tour

Having already offered Rory McIlroy a mountain of cash, a blue European Tour hoodie and his own X-box game, Tour chief George O’Grady has dangled one more carrot in front of the World number one; his pride and joy, his cereal bowl.

“I’m offering Rory my cereal bowl,” O’Grady told reporters today adding, “It’s by Clarice Cliff and I know it’s very valuable because someone on Antiques Roadshow had one worth £5,000 and that one had a hairline crack. My one’s pristine, I keep it in a velvet case and dry it with a piece of kitchen roll to stop bacteria from the dirty tea towel getting on there.”

The bowl dates back to the 1920’s when the young O’Grady in short pants was presented with it by his father after shooting some Tigers and an intruder on their estate in India. “Dad promised he would get me my own bowl when I killed Tony The Tiger and Tony The Trespasser,” O’Grady recalled. “I was so happy listening to the Snap Crackle and Pop of the slaves being whipped as I ate my cereal from my new bowl.”

A statement is expected later from McIlroy’s management company on whether or not he will accept the offer.

 

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.