Jim Flick, One Of The First ‘On TV’ Teachers Passes Away. RIP

Legendary golf pro Jim Flick, teacher to some of the world’s top players and millions of amateurs through golf magazines and TV lessons has passed away aged 82.

flick_rt3Flick worked at Desert Mountain in Arizona but was known worldwide having associations with Golf Digest and ESPN. He famously also became teacher to Jack Nicklaus in 1990 after the death of Jack’s longtime coach Jack Grout.

Flick won several accolades through his teaching career including being inducted into the  World Golf Teachers Hall of Fame in 2002.  His winning most pupil during his prime was Tom Lehman, with whom he didn’t try to enforce a perfect swing.  “The golf swing is an athletic movement. Becoming mechanical and robotic is the worst thing you can do,” Flick said.

Coincidentally Lehman retained the Schwab Cup two days ago and paid tribute to Mr Flick.  The last hole, I know that he was probably watching today," Lehman said. "I felt quite certain that that was probably the last driver he was ever going to see me hit and I wanted to make it a good one. And the last 7-iron he will ever see me hit, and I wanted to make that a good one. And the last putt, and I wanted to make that putt. I didn't want to make it simply because I want to win by six. I wanted to make it for him."

RIP

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.