Stevie Williams “Unlikely” To Shove Rusty Thing Up Tiger’s Ass Today

In the absence of any other worthy news because the Deutsche Bank doesn’t start until today, all eyes have turned to last week’s winner Stevie Williams’ pairing with old pal Tiger Woods.

steve 4Rather than take the opportunity to shove a large rusty implement up Tiger’s ass as he promised a few years back, it looks like the New Zealander has now made piece with the former jockey.

“There’s an old saying that time heals all wounds,” Williams told FOX Sports. “I was very hurt by what happened with Tiger. Hurt and very disappointed (that Tiger didn’t share any of his hookers.)
“I think it could’ve been handled differently.
But it’s been a couple of years and, as I said, time has a way of healing.”

stevieAccording to Master’s Champion Williams, the ice-breaker came at the British Open.

“I definitely got the sense at Merion that I was making Tiger uncomfortable and I thought about it after and decided the next time he and Adam were paired together, I’d say something to him,” he said.

And he did, on the 8th at Muirfield in the final round of the Open Championship. Here’s what they said according to the Fox Sports website.

“I asked him if he’d been watching any of the Speedway (World Cup)?” he said, of the track motorcycle event. When I used to caddie for him I’d watch it at (their rented home) and after a while he started watching with me and getting into it.”

“He asked me how the family was and I did the same. We just talked, you know. At some point in time, I just felt we had to break the ice. Even with everything that happened (between them), I still have the greatest respect for him. He gave me the opportunity to caddie for the greatest player who’s ever played the game and I’ll always appreciate that.”

steve3Yes, I think asking Tiger how his family is during the final round of a Major is a really lovely gesture.  The thought of his divorced wife, abandoned family, acrimony and kids who will one day grow up and understand exactly what Daddy did, with 11 holes of Muirfield left would really cheer him up! 

The even better news for Williams is that he also has made his piece with Phil Mickelson who he once called “a prick.”

“Yeah, we’re all good, mate.  I think both of us have changed a lot.”

Forgive me if I’m not convinced!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.