Higgs On Tour: David Higgins Tour Diary Part 5

david higgins old_thumb[3]Hi everyone, David here. It was nice to feature on the leaderboard early last week at the Open de Espana, but I really felt I let what was a great chance get away from me. The greens at El Saler de Parador were very firm so it was not easy to get it close to the pins. It was also a very tight driving track and that suited me. The course played very much like my home course, Waterville links.

I came to Spain playing well. During the last couple of weeks off I played a lot of golf with my Dad and he got me hitting the ball very well. It was more in my way of thinking rather than any technical stuff. He told I must stay aggressive through my shots; that’s when I strike it best. Off the course I did a lot of fly fishing during my weeks off. My Dad gave me a gift of a lovely new rod and it got my appetite back to go and land a big one!

I watched the marathon playoff from my hotel near Alicante. I was up for the young German Max Kieffer, he’s a sound lad and his caddie, Gary John Marshall used to work for me. He’s not just a caddie either, check him out in full brass band regalia!

I really enjoyed the Masters and felt it was better for the game that Adam Scott won rather than Angel Cabrera. Scott will push on from this now and will be a great asset to future tournaments. In my heart I would have loved to see Cabrera win it but I think it would have been his last win.

paramorWhat did you think of the penalty stroke referee John Paramor gave to the 14 year Tianlang Guan? I thought it was one of the worst things I have ever seen happen in golf. I heard there was a 20 minute delay on one of the par fives that day and for them to single out a 14 year old shows you what they are like. Spineless is about the best word I can find. It can be seen out on this tour every week. Everybody knows the so called "big named" players are the real slow guys out here, but they NEVER get penalised. It’s disgraceful.

eddybestOn the range, in between me listening to Eddie Grant’s I Don’t Wanna Dance and Electric Avenue, a lot of the talk with the guys was about that new rule that came up with Tiger at Augusta. Most of the players here were unaware it even existed. The feeling is that it could open up a big can of worms. The discussion was broken up by the TaylorMade/Adams Tour guys who had some lovely white headed rescues to hand out. They went straight into several lads bags, including mine!

Check out this motorbike I came across at the Open de Espana. I begged the guys for a go on it and they were kind enough to let me have a spin. She’s a Harley and she’s some machine. On the fuel tank it has the inscription "Walk on, leave it behind", which is a pretty cool philosophy in life, even if it doesn’t quite work on the golf course! The only problem is the bike might not be great for our weather at home!

Over and out for now. I’m off to listen to more Eddie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.