Higgs On Tour- David Higgins Tour Diary Part 4

Greetings from the terminal building in Agadir. I’m waiting for a charter flight to Gatwick after the Trophee Hassan II in Morocco. We were playing on the King’s exclusive golf course in the front lawn of his palace. It was an awesome experience, the course was pristine and I heard the guys saying there’s only a handful ofrounds played on it all year! I missed out on the weehiggs tour diary pickend by just one shot, but you have the take the rough with the smooth out here. It’s not easy sometimes but you just got to suck it up and battle on. I am sure I will have plenty weeks where things WILL go my way. My next outing is the Open de Espana in El Saler, it’s a course I know well and that suits my game so I’m really looking forward to it.

Pic: Do you think I should buy these boots.

I started the season with a few tournaments in South Africa, then came back to Kerry for a couple of weeks where I got to play a lot of golf with my old fella. Liam Higgins is a legend of the game, but to me, he’s more. He’s my Dad, he’s the man who knows my swing inside out and I love playing golf and spending time with him. He can still tonk it out there 300 yards off the tee too!

rankoAt the Trophee Hassan II, I swapped my temporary South African caddie “Rasta” Robert for my less hairy and pale skinned regular looper David Rankin. It was great to have him back on the bag again; I missed not being handed clubs with Ambre Solaire factor 50 slathered all over the grips. Only kidding, when I’m not laughing with him, I’m laughing at him!

Pic: We call him “Ranko”. That’s Ranko with an “R”!!! 

I’m really looking forward to watching The Masters next week. I’ve never played Augusta but I’ve a few years left in me yet so you never know! From talking to players and caddies who’ve been there I know it has become a very long course and one that suits a right to left hitter.

I have played in two Majors, the Open Championship twice. Both were fantastic experiences; of course I wish I had played a little better in them, but it was still brilliant.

It fascinates me to see some of the guys that have won majors. Apart from the super-dooper-stars, guys like Zach Johnson, Ben Curtis, Rich Beem, Todd Hamilton come to mind as guys who have seized their once in a lifetime opportunity. I really do believe that at least 80% of any field has a chance of winning. Of course the usual suspects will always be favourites, but if you get your name on that draw sheet and TRUELY believe in yourself and your ability, you can do it.

Something is pushing me towards Hunter Mahan for the Masters this year. He drives it so straight and long and he’s a great putter too. I think Peter Hanson has a good each way chance, he started knocking on the door in the last few Majors. It's going to be a good one this year because so many of the top names are playing well.

If these Siberian winds keep up we might well be snuggled up in our jackets watching the guys battle for the Green Jacket! Chat again in a couple of weeks….

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.