Steve Stricker Announces Semi Retirement In All But Name

Steve Stricker announced his semi retirement yesterday at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions.

steven-stricker “I just probably won't be out as much as I have in the past years, but I'm extremely excited about it. It was kind of a weight lifted off, when I've made the decision, and so it's been good.”

Stricker, plans to play a maximum of a dozen events this year. After the Tournament of Champions, he will only play the WGC-Accenture Match Play, the WGC-Cadillac and the Shell Houston Open before the Masters.

At present he has no plans to play in The Open Championship.

“I'm not quitting,” Stricker said. “I don't want to quit. I still enjoy the game. I still enjoy competing. It's just time for me to be home a little bit more and maybe focus all my attention to this foundation and do that a little bit more.”

Stricker hopes to focus more on his charitable foundation this year.

 

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.