HIggs On Tour: David Higgins Diary Part 1

Hi everyone, David Higgins here.  I’ve got my European Tour card for 2013 and I just cannot wait to get going.  My season will kick off in South Africa in February. I am all booked to go down there on the 1st of February and will be staying there until March 6th.

The weather at home in Waterville is pretty atrocious at the moment and though it’s a beautiful part of the world, if I want to practice six to eight hours a day I need good weather.  So I took myself to Barbados!  In for a penny in a pound as they say!

asleep on balconyThe weather here is really smashing and I’m getting good work done. If I’m to retain my card on the Tour this year with the exemptions I have, I’m going to have to hit the ground running.  I’m going to play two pro-ams here before going home to Waterville for five days.  Then it’s all systems go for one more spin on the rollercoaster that is the European Tour.  Only this time I know where all the bad turns are.

Pic: Hard at work. Stretching the hamstrings and quads while balancing a book on the core. It’s a tough exercise!

    I’ve got Jimmy Buffett playing on the ipod here; I’ve decided to give the Lumineers the month off as thanks for guiding me through the rigours of Q-School before Christmas.  Boy was that a tough station, but I’m delighted I got through it.

    Moritz Lampert O26ZcpI-Q8Mm While I think of it, keep an eye out for a player called  Moritz Lampert on Tour this year; I played with him in stage two of Qualifying and afterwards I told my caddie Ranko to call his bookie and get a bet on for him to win on tour in the next three years. He took the sixth card in Qualy and turned pro straight after.  Moritz and I had slightly different opinions of his future in golf but I think I am going to be right though! Get your money on.

    When I get home I’m going to get all my sponsorship deals finalised for the season.  I’ll tell you all about them when they become official but what I can say now is that I will be moving from Callaway to using Taylormade equipment this season. I’ve been using the driver for the past few months now, it’s awesome. My old two-ball wont be going anywhere though!

    downtime Okay it’s not all work here, when I’m not practicing, I generally head to the beach. After Waterville, Barbados have the best in the world!

    Pic: Me on the beach with the belly board.  More core strengthening work. Ahem!

    lincoln lawyer Another thing us pros are great at is film and TV.  There’s so much time to yourself out on Tour we’re always looking for something decent to watch.  Out here I’ve watched The Lincoln Lawyer and Skyfall, both highly recommended by The Higgs.  And Idiot Abroad series 3.  I know what you’re thinking, don’t say it!

    Chat to you all again soon.  Over and out.

    David Higgins

     

    Technorati Tags:

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

    Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

    Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.