Video: Doc Vs Chris Suitor 15 Hole Death Match At Holywood GC Rory McIlroy's Home Course

I was up in Belfast on Thursday to make some European Tour drills videos with Johnny Foster and decided to pop into the best tailor in the North Chris Suitor in his shop Suitor Menswear on the way, to get measured up for some nice clobber.



Chris suggested we go play a few holes the following day before I had to head off back home to the West.  He said he knew the pros Stevie Crooks and Ricky McCormick at Holywood Golf Club and they would look after us.  "That's Rory McIlroy's home course," I said.  Yes it is and off we went.



We met Crooksie in the pro shop.  A budding soccer player in his youth Stevie had been hacked down cynically in his prime by several 'studs showing' tackles and four broken ankles later he decided to focus on golf.  But a dodgy burger the night before had left him melting from the insides out and operating on half capacity. At least he came to work; there was no sign of Ricky McCormick anywhere. An urban legend on Wikileaks says Ricky drives the first in Holywood with a 3-wood and is longer than Rory.  But he's rarely seen nowadays except in Hello magazine and stuff.

After complimentary sandwiches and coffee (thanks lads) we hit the course for an abridged North Vs South matchplay before I embarked on the four hour drive home.

You had me, a one time 3-handicap who had fallen on hard times, versus Chris, the reigning Northern Irish Bespoke Tailor Society champion.  Fairly even so!

We had some serious fun, and when I birdied the first from 30 feet and Christy fell on his arse coming off the third green covering himself in sh!te I thought 'I have him here!'  I was wrong. Complacency, some low down dirty local knowledge skullduggery, and a career birdie from Suits proved to be the undoing of me!

Here's the video we made on my phone. Please excuse my language, I was under a lot of pressure!!



Thanks to the guys at Holywood Golf Club for looking after us.  Nice to meet Chris McNally (serious hitter) who joined us during the round and thanks for the camerawork.

Playing a really tricky layout with super speedy greens in short sleeves in October? It doesn't get much better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.