Elizabeth Wang, Brad Dalke lead Junior PGA (The Associated Press)

BRYAN, Texas (AP) -- Elizabeth Wang shot an even-par 71 on Wednesday in the Junior PGA Championship to take a one-stroke lead in the girls' division, and Brad Dalke's advantage in the boys' competition was cut from six to two shots.

The 15-year-old Wang, from San Marino, California, had a 4-under 209 total at Miramont Country Club.

''I'll work on my putting, but hopefully everything else stays pretty good,'' Wang said.

Mariel Galdiano of Pearl City, Hawaii, coming off a victory last week in the Canadian Women's Amateur, was second after her third straight 70.

Yujeong Son of Norman, Oklahoma, the first-round leader after a 64, was third at 1 under after a 75.

The 17-year-old Dalke, from Hobart, Oklahoma, followed his tournament-record 62 with a 73. He had a 10-under 203 total.

''I obviously did not play as well as yesterday, but I did not play terrible,'' Dalke said. ''I just really couldn't get anything going today. ... It's a clean slate now and I have a two-stroke lead going into tomorrow. I wish it could be more, but I can't do anything about it.''

Cole Hammer of Houston was second after a 67. The 15-year-old played in the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay.

''It is good to know what you have to do,'' Hammer said. ''I can see what my opponents are doing.''

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.