Rory McIlroy's "Talks" About His Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep Wedge

I'm always highly sceptical when I see an in depth interview regarding clubs with a player such as Rory McIlroy the day after he wins.  The chance that Rory sat down Monday morning and waxed lyrical about his equipment has to be remote. More likely it's coming from some marketing department or other trying to flog a club.

Nevertheless there is some info on his 59 degree Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep wedge and why it worked so well for him at Wentworth.

The Toe Sweep is something I've been messing around with for a while and I felt like last week was a good time to put it in play. The one thing I really like about it is how well it goes through the rough. Some of those shots on the way in Sunday were key up and downs. The chip-in on 10 and the flop shot that I played on 14, those two were out of the rough. The way the club is designed it feels that it slides through that longer grass really easily and the ball comes out that much better for me. If there was one area of my game that I needed to improve this year it was probably scrambling, and this wedge helped a lot this week with that.
Click here to see what's in the bag of Rory McIlroy 2014.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.