My 15 Club Mistake – Higgs Tour Diary-David Higgins Statement

Hi guys, David here.  I’m guessing by now you all heard about my DQ from The Open qualifying yesterday and are dying to know what happened.

higgs thumb_thumb[1]I finished pretty much two and a half hours before the last tee time. At the time I thought -5 had a very outside chance at maybe a playoff for one spot as there were lots of guys to come in that had played well in their morning rounds.

All my equipment was soaked from the rain. Thinking I was done for the day, I dried it as best I could and packed it away in my flight bag.  Like most pros, I always carry a few extra clubs as different courses require different types of shots. So obviously I had packed away ALL my clubs.

I went for a shower and changed out of the sopping wet clothes. Then  had a nice lunch and watched the scores.  I couldn’t believe it but was delighted to see the way things were panning out as I moved up the leaderboard and became more confident that I could get one of the spots available in the playoff.

I decided to go the range to warm up again and hit a few balls. I just took driver, mid iron and wedge. It was still raining really hard so I kept the rain cover on my bag.  My caddy for the day, Monty, a local man that knows north Berwick like the back of his hand, had done a great job all day and was up for the playoff.


We headed for the tee. I hit a good tee shot, and good second to about 15 feet. I was hunkered down reading my putt when the thought suddenly came into my head, "fu€k, did I take that other rescue out if the bag?"

I stood up and felt a bit sick in my stomach as I walked over to the bag to check. And there she was looking up at me! "Bollix"..........

It was a horrible thing to happen but I have no-one to blame only myself. I guess the excitement/ adrenaline rush of getting another opportunity to play in the greatest golf event in the world clouded my judgement and I made a mistake.....

Thanks to everyone who has sent messages of support to me myself and through golfcentraldaily. They are much appreciated.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.