Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Star in New Nike Advertisement - Golf.com

It’s a safe bet that Nike was happy to see Tiger Woods return to the Masters.

The commercial it released Sunday evening, just a few days before the first major of the season kicks off at Augusta National, certainly seems timely.

Nike has long represented Woods, and it reached a deal with now world No. 1 Rory McIlroy several years ago. The two have been in ads together before.

The spot is titled Ripple to represent the ripple effect Jack Nicklaus had on Woods and Woods had on McIlroy. It chronicles a young McIlroy watching Woods on TV and in person and picking up his practice habits (and trademark fist pump) during his own training. One portion of the video was filmed at McIlroy’s childhood home.

“It’s been an incredible journey for me, going from massive fan to competitor,” McIlroy said in a press release. “To think that not too long ago I was that little boy watching him on TV to where I am now. It’s been a cool journey and I’m very lucky I get to compete with and against him because he inspired me as a kid and he inspires me now. He’s the best player I’ve ever seen.”

“It’s neat because I’ve been able to be a part of different generations of competitors,” Woods said in the release. “Now I’m competing against the younger ones. It helps me train a little harder, because these guys are athletic.”

You can see the video below:

For more news that golfers everywhere are talking about, follow @golf_com on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube video channel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.