Tiger Woods is pretty good at playing golf - SB Nation

Cut him some slack.

The Masters are happening and a lot of people are talking about Tiger Woods. Woods is one of the greatest golfers of all time, but he's been hurt and he isn't as good as he used to be.

But I've been watching the Masters, and I have to tell you this. I think Tiger Woods is, like, pretty good at playing golf. And here are some reasons why:

He hits the ball pretty far

Tiger Woods' driving average last year was 294 yards. Wow! I don't think I've ever hit the ball 294 yards. That's pretty far.

He plays golf, like, all the time

I mean, I only get to play golf 5-10 times a year. Tiger Woods plays golf pretty much all the time. That's, like, his job. I bet he gets pretty good playing all that golf.

He plays in a lot of golf tournaments and does pretty well

When Tiger Woods plays golf he's playing against a lot of really good golfers, and he almost never comes in last. I would DEFINITELY come in last almost all the time. Pretty much all the best golfers in the world are at the Masters this week and he's not even doing so bad! He's in the top 50 or so. There are a lot more than 50 golfers in the world, so he's probably in the top 5 or 10 percent of golfers out there. That's pretty good.

He's better than my buddy Trevor

Trevor's definitely better than me at golf -- when we play golf, we play for a few dollars per hole, but he gives me an extra shot every hole because he's better than me at golf.

But, like, Trevor gets a lot of bogeys and a few pars and maybe a birdie every once in a while, but Tiger Woods gets a lot of pars and a few birdies and a few bogeys. And the courses Trevor and I are on seem a lot easier than the ones Tiger Woods plays on, so take that into account, too.

★★★

So, when you really think about it, Tiger Woods is clearly pretty good at playing golf. Maybe he's not going to win every tournament, but that doesn't mean he isn't any good at it. I mean, nobody can win every golf tournament. There are a whole lot of golfers! He's way better than most of the people who play golf, and that's pretty impressive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.