Rory McIlroy Talks Publicly About "Strained Relationship" With GMac

Fair play to Martin Dempster who was brave enough to ask Rory McIlroy about his current relationship with with Graeme McDowell given that Rors lawyers are about to give GMac and Horizon Sports Management a thorough working over in court over a contract row.

Rory's camp dismissed the allegation that their lawyers dreamed up the phrase “D-Day” as some sort of derogatory term for GMac's wedding day when the lawsuit was to be filed to catch everyone off guard.  They claim it was date coincided with a “simple gap” that emerged in his busy schedule.

So why not go to Graeme's wedding?  Just asking......

Here's the quote from Rory on the situation.

“I am still as close to him. There’s obviously been a few things that have gone on that have strained the relationship, but I still talk to him regularly and catch up with him."
“He has stayed out of everything as much as he can and there’s no ill feeling towards him in any way from my side. He’s been one of my best friends on Tour and showed me the ropes. I will always be grateful for what he’s done and for going out of his way to make me feel comfortable out here.”

I've heard that "I'll always be grateful" line before myself!  Usually from a girlfriend that as she was dumping me!

Reading between the lines, and the fact that Rory did say the word "strained", the friendship doesn't sound that great anymore.

I certainly wouldn't be able to deal with that strain if one of my friends was involved and the fact that the whole situation has blown out of all proportion is a real cock-up for all concerned.  I feel sorry for all involved in this (Graeme, Conor, Colin, Rory) and hope that some sort of common sense resolution can be found.  You cant bring money to the grave. And that's what it's all about. Money.

Join the GolfCentralDaily community on Twitter for loads more comment on and off the course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Naked Pics Of Holly Sonders. The Big News To Emerge From The 2013 PGA Show

Sarah Stirk Nipple Gate: Navy Top Leaves Viewers Disappointed

Holly Sonders Quits Golf Channel After Contract Talks Fail. Moves To Fox.